7 Speed Dating Tips That Will Transfrom Your Love Life
Attending a speed dating event can be daunting. We all go through the dilemma of figuring out what to wear, what to talk about, where to start, how to make it special and more. At CitySwoon we know what it takes to make your date successful. All you’ve got to do is follow our expert speed dating tips to make your date fun and successful.
1. Dress for success: What to wear? This is a common question that people have when they are attending a speed dating event. Dress in clothes that make you feel comfortable and attractive. For men, wear a suit, only if that is what you feel confident in on a daily basis. Otherwise, a clean outfit of jeans or pants and a nice shirt will work. For women, you can dress up or down. Consider the evening venue, how far will you need to walk. Will those stilettos really be comfortable? A dress or jeans or pants and a nice top always work.
2. First Impressions count: You are very likely to feel a bit nervous at the start of your speed dating event. Remember, so is everyone else! When you first meet your date, take a moment to look them in the eyes, shake hands or say hello, and be sure to give them your undivided attention. You never know how important that ‘first impression' may be - you both may be talking about it for years to come!
3. Everyone's favorite conversation is themselves. People tend to like talking about themselves or their interests. It is a little known fact that the more questions you ask someone the better a conversationalist they will think you are! Start with easy questions to get the conversation moving until they start talking freely. Try to think about how they are feeling and learn something about them.
4. What questions to ask? So, what should you talk about on your first speed dating date? Above all, be genuine. Ask the other person about easy things - for instance, where they like to go out, their pets, their job. This reveals a lot about a person's real interests. Are they boating on the weekends? Perhaps they like going to movies, out to the bar or they are interested in art. All of these simple conversations can easily turn into interests so that you can learn more about each other.
5. Be truthful about yourself. Tell your speed dating partner about your genuine interests and learn more about theirs. Even if you don't share interests, that's ok, you can both move on to someone who suits you better, with a very small investment in honesty.
What not to say when speed dating- is this a real thing? Oh yes! Most people know that certain things are off limits. Drug use, crime and anything that basically says 'I am a felon' is easy enough to not discuss on a first date. However, you might be surprised at things that can be heard at a speed dating event. Here are a few things to avoid.
6. Don't talk about your ex. When you meet someone at a speed dating event it is way to soon to talk about your ex. It shows you are still not over them & it won't go down well with your date.
7. Don't brag! Bragging too much, especially about your finances, can make you appear under confident. We all have an internal balance, share it honestly.
Does speed dating work? It does, in fact statistically it's more successful than online dating! If you speed date with CitySwoon, where you date people who are matched to your profile and feedback, your odds are increased even further!
Happy Speed Dating! We hope you found our speed dating tips useful.