So how do the dating apps stack up?
CitySwoon, think algorithmic matching meets live events, boasts impressive statistics:
- 95% of attendees date someone who they find attractive.
- More than 1 in 4 dates result in a 5 star mutual match.
- At each event you will go on around 8 dates. This means that your chances of making at least one five star ★★★★★ mutual match is 90%, at each event!
In contrast, online dating apps have a much lower success rate:
- Less than 1% of viewed profiles lead to a message, and the majority of messages are left unanswered.
While traditional speed dating is a more successful alternative to online dating, it still falls short of CitySwoon's effectiveness:
- At a traditional speed dating event, you have an 8% chance of making a match** with each of your dates. Over the course of the night this gives you a 48% chance of making at least one match. This is significantly better than online dating, but not as effective as the CitySwoon events.
- As reported by the BBC in the Science of Love, it only takes between 90 seconds to 4 minutes of face-to-face interaction to determine attraction, which gives both traditional speed dating and CitySwoon speed dating, an advantage over online dating.